Friday 7 January 2011

New Year's Research Resolutions


10. I will get in to the office no later than 10 am (not having a fixed schedule, it's tempting to wander in at 10:30 or 11...and then take a long lunch at 12, haha)
9. I will be open to more opportunities for CV-building--teaching, conferences, etc.
8. I won't let myself get distracted by non-research-related websites during office hours (this means you, Facebook...)
7. I will actually read the library books stacked on my desk, instead of skimming them and leaving them in a pile until they're due back...
6. And on a related note, I'll be a better library patron and only check out what I intend to read in a week's time (3-4 books a week?)
5. I will start bringing lunch to work more often, as it cuts down on the lunch break length and gives me a chance to hang out with other PhDs & staff
4. I will write longer, better essays for my supervisor
3. I will pass my upgrade this summer!
2. I will update this blog at least once a week, because it helps me stay on track & refocus my thoughts
1. Finally, I resolve to enjoy the process and treat my PhD like the amazing opportunity it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment