Tuesday 23 November 2010

Lit Review Essay


That's how I write, too--some of my most brilliant work has resulted from last-minute panic and lots of coffee...

I submitted my lit review essay yesterday, the first piece of work in my PhD. It wasn't great, but I think it gave a good overview of what I've read so far. I struggled with it because the literature has been all over the place--political science, psychology, education, international relations, sociology, history, cultural studies, etc. It made it really hard to come up with a summary, so in the end, I used that diversity as my summary. My main point was simply that this topic is very interdisciplinary and future research should use a broad scope.

Was that a good point, or just an academic cop-out? We'll see on Friday when I meet with my supervisor...

No comments:

Post a Comment